01 June 2010

I thought I was going to get laid...

…instead they fucked me up.

June 2nd is bank holiday in Italy. I took Thursday and Friday off, and bought a ticket, and planned to visit Boyfriend in France, for a long weekend of debauche (how shall I put it in English? Crap, let’s just say that sex was the main course on the weekend menu).
Instead, an emergency popped out at work, so this morning I left. I’m now in central Italy (east coast), no clue how long I’m gonna stay here (the possibilities range between 10 days and 3 months…).
I didn’t do too badly over the weekend: I was 125.6lbs this morning.
Even though last night, knowing I was leaving, Steve and I got drunk on beers, but before reaching drunkenness he coaxed me into eating French fries. I still stayed below 800kcals, and I hit the gym before going out.

However, while staying here, I’ll have to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with my colleagues. Every day. Possibly over weekends as well. Also, I won’t have a scale while I’m here.
This, my friends, is going to SUCK.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

im sorry you didn't get laid, but well, you know how life goes. :/
xoxo, melissa

Matilda Bonnet said...

Feeling sorry for you. But, can't you just eat half of the meals? Whatever you can do as long as you don't eat too muck. Good luck, & may i ask. It's okay if you don't answear, haha... It's just that with your job you seem to travel. A LOT. Which is kinda my goal in the next 4 years haha. What's your job?

Lucy's Shadow said...

Well, I work in the Merger&Acquisition business. I do travel a lot. And honestly? it sucks big time.
When you're away, working hours range from 12 to 18 hours a day. The rest of the time you just stuff your face with food and sleep.

Most people I know who travel for work live the way I do. I'm starting to think the only exception may be politicians.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong!