21 June 2010

Binge & Fast

Dear, lovely skinnies,

I’m sorry for disappearing. The weekend has been crazy, mad and hectic. I had to organize this huge party with all my family friends, 65 people were attending, all in my parents’ garden, and Mother and I cooked and baked through two solid days. The only pause occurred when my 83 years old aunt called me on the phone

“Come and get me”

Now, aunt is no drama queen, so I worried and inquired

“I’ll be right there but where are you?”

“I fell into the creek. Hit my head. Come, please”

I couldn’t make her say anything else. She does have a rocky creek in her garden (almost a small river actually). I stashed the phone, cried out loud for dad and Bro (they’re the doctors after all) and sprinted downstairs, through the garden and to the car. We hopped in and, while driving, I explained I did not know whether she was still in the creek, on her legs or not, or anything that mattered. In the end, she was mostly fine, had indeed hit her head, but was conscious and on her legs, all bruised but mostly scared.

So we took her home with us, medicated her head, nose and hands, I washed her hair and combed it, and mostly tried to make her feel comfortable. She was so thankful!

The only downside is, between this and the stress of the party, I stuffed my face like I was mia (Which I’m NOT). I’m probably over 125lbs.

Oh well. We also sailed the regatta on Sunday (though the Pirate wasn’t there), it was way windier than usual, and very physical, we even got scared at certain moments, and I got completely washed up more than once (and it WAS cold).

Something interesting came up on Saturday morning… I was baking a quiche, when I got an email from Steve:

“Will you fly to Greece with me on Thursday? We’ll be back on Wednesday. Let me know. S.”

What sucks is, I want to go. It’s been pouring rain here, and I’m so tired, I’d love so much to get to that island (that I know very well by the way, I spent 4 months there when I was a kid). But I can’t. Work is going nuts again, and my vacation booked for next week (that I shall spend with Boyfriend) will most likely be cancelled. If I manage to have the weekend off from work, I’ll see boyfriend, and I’d better, since I haven’t seen him in over a month and I swear I don’t even know what to tell him on the phone. Plus, he’s furious that I won’t be able to get away from work next week.

Well, that’s almost all folks. Last but not least, Marcus and I are fasting. We started this morning, and hope to make it until Thursday – Friday. Anyone would like to join us? I love fast buddies!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Greece? Oh right, i'm jealous now. Hahaha, by the island do you mean crete? Gosh, don't reject that invitation!! Haha. Sorry your over 125 now, but with that fast you'll be back on track sooner that you think!

Hectic but fun weekend after all. :)
Good luck with the fast & with boyfriend! :) Love ya. Stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Im glad your aunt didn't get seriously hurt.
I hope you will work out things with your boyfriend and that he won't be that furious. After all, you haven't seen each other that long, and it should be a happy occasion that you two see each other again.
Well, I failed, too. At first, it was just a few strawberries. But (as usual lately, haha -.-) I got drunk with a friend while watching soccer... and when I drink alcohol I lose all my will-power, and finally eat. Arrgh, I'm so sorry I let you down...

Anonymous said...

yeah, it really is dangerous...
good thing is, I'm not even hungry so far, so yeah, I'm staring over :)