24 May 2010

He touched my hair, and instead of slapping his hand, I smiled

Who cares if I binged?
Last weekend was amazing

I wanna live like this forever. On Friday I took the train and Bro was waiting for me at the station, and together we went to pick up my beautiful Vespa. Next week I’ll post a decent pick of it, I promise. I rode it to Bro’s place and I had dinner with his family, but that was okay since I only had veg soup and green salad (no dressing).
On Saturday morning I had a zillion things to do and errands to run, so I woke at 6.30, skipped my breakfast and did everything on my list (yay!), then I drove to my neighbor’s place (aka the sailing club), to meet my Bro. It was such an amazing warm and sunny day! Of course the Neighbor (aka owner of the club, let’s just call him The Neighbor) immediately poured me white wine, and I stayed there drinking (but not eating!) until 2PM.
Bro was long gone, and I wanted to ride my Vespa by the lake, but just one mile further I came across Bro and friends, almost ready to start sailing. The shouted out: “Lucy, come and join us!”, so of course I parked the Vespa, ran to the boat, and off we sailed. I got home after five, slept while sun tanning for 2 hours, threw on a long white dress (spaghetti straps), and headed at Bro’s place for a BBQ on his deck. Soon, 15 people or so arrived, included this guy I had come across at the Neighbor in April, who has these looks:

except shorter, and younger. Needless to say, he’s known as The Pirate.
Now The Captain was running the regatta on Sunday but he did not have his other crew, so he started asking me to join him. The only thing, he didn’t remember me (true, we never talked, but still I was pissed), so I kind of blew him off.
Bro was lovely, he let me skip food without nagging me at all (I only had green salad), but alas, booze has calories.
One hour later or so, we ran out of beer. The kids were sleeping already, and The Pirate, being the youngest boy, was sent out to buy more. After a while, since he wasn’t coming back, they sent me to look for him. I took my Vespa and rode ‘till downtown, where I spotted him buying beer bottles in a bar, so I stopped and waved. He turned, spotted me and blew a kiss. And headed out carrying 20 beer bottles.
“Are you ready to ride, Captain Sparrow?”
He hopped on and said “Let’s go mon amour! Thank-you for rescuing me!”
And off we went, my hair (waist length) blowing in his face, laughing and running away when we crossed the cops! Back at Bro’s place he sat next to me and I had a blast while the others made him believe I was one year younger than he is, and he totally bought it! I ended up promising to sail with him on the next day!
Well, he begged me to drive him to his hotel (he was walking) but I felt too tipsy by that time, so I said no way. Instead I went home to sleep, and woke up early to bake a quiche to bring along at the regatta. Of course I made sure to put ham in it so I wouldn’t eat it!
Then I took the quiche at the Neighbor, and since it was still early, I went out with my kayak for a bit of sport. I came back in time to swim a bit, and when I got out of the water the Pirate had already prepared the boat.


While putting it into the water, some nearby flowers ended on it.

He took one, came towards me and tucked it behind my ear, softly brushing my hair with the back of his hand. I let him do it.

(Usually I hate when people touch my hair).
And off we went! We sailed for almost 4 hours, all the time wearing my bikini, so I got such a wonderful tan!
Again, I had a blast. When we got back there was food (and this time I had a little focaccia) and of course, champagne was running.

I wanna live like this forever. Drinking champagne over the sunset, by the lake at the beginning of the summer, innocently flirting with cute boys, having a blast with Bro and friends.

Of course it had to end, and I decided to leave before the Pirate did, so I just waived him goodbye and ran home at 6. And so here I am on a Monday afternoon in the office. It’s sunny and hot outside, I have plenty of girls nights out planned for the week, but the first thing to do is hop on the scale tomorrow morning and then hit the gym!
Sorry for the loooooooooooooooooooooooong post beauties!!!! Have a nice week and stick to your eating (or non-eating) plans!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Your weekend sounded magical, I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. Have fun on your nights out this week to by the way.
Love
X

Angela said...

wow *dreamy voice*
I just spent five minutes living vicariously through your post :) it was heavenly!
lucky fish for having a vespa!!
thank you for your comment, you're right exercise does relieve the stress :)
have fun on your girls nights out

Matilda Bonnet said...

Marvelous description of your lovely weekend!! :D I swear, i almost like as if a was watching a short film of your weekend, you completely transported me to that place. Lovely, i'm so glad you had such a great time! :)

ancora said...

ohhh how brilliantly lovely! well done as well.

<3

i love your life!

Lucy's Shadow said...

I love YOU, girls!
And today, no lunch thinking of you!