25 May 2010

Brother

I weighted myself, and I’m back at 126.8lbs. :-(
Honestly, I expected worse after all the booze in ingurgitated over last dreamy weekend. In any case, right after hopping on the scale I hit the gym this morning, and I hope to train at least 5 times over this week.

Now, I'd like to share a bit of family info…
Both Bro and my dad are doctors (cardiologists), and Bro also married a doctor. My mother, who was obese, 12 years ago decided she needed to change things, dropped 46 pounds in three months, and started training.

The upside is, everyone firmly believes in the necessity of training. Eating at my parents place is always healthy, BUT, being Italians, there is always a lot of pasta, rice and these kind of carbs, especially for me since I’m vegetarian.

The downside is my parents do believe that I can’t, and most importantly SHOUDN’T go back to my teenage body. (I know I posted this pic before, but I just love it)



On to Bro. Bro looks anorexic. He isn’t, but his BMI is 19.0, and he has no fat. Actually, being a man, he could use a bit more meat on his bones.
Bro (even though is married to an obese horrible woman), thinks I’m slightly overweight. Because he know the real me is 22-25 lbs lighter. Because he remembers me that way.


So when I have dinner at his place (very often BBQs in summer), he’ll throw some zucchini (no oil) on the grill for me, and won’t nag me about the fact I’ll only eat that. And when friends drive the Pirate into believing that I’m 21, Bro plays the game.

In one word, Bro UNDERSTANDS. He understands my need to get skinnier, my need to flirt, my need to look younger.
Oh, and yes, I know how lucky I am that Bro is in my life.
PS: has anyone ever tried chitosan? any advice? does it work?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you for commenting, I know I loved it, and the best part? All my clothes remained on, we all jumped in fully clothed, I feel spupid sometimes because I can never have my legs out, they have to hidin under jeans or tights, but others were wearing trousers too so it was nice not to feel so different for once.

That's good that your brother unerstands, oh and your should use that picture more often, it's lovely.
X

Matilda Bonnet said...

That's good, you didn't gained that much, & you'll lose it fast! Specially now that you're going to the gym :)

& great, i wish i had someone like bro! I imagine it must feel really good to have someone that actually understands you. :) Chitosan? Wth is that? :S Let me know, whatever it is, if it helps to lose weight i gotta try it!

Rachel said...

I wish I could run, but I'm so unfit, mostely because I smoke, but I'm getting better, I have started jogging parts of it, hopefully I'll be running soon!
X