31 July 2013

MRI outcome

The not so bad news is I did not gain weight over the weekend. I trained, ate about one thousand deep fried pumpkin flowers, one shit ton of salad, and somehow, maintained.

The bad news is, I got my MRI scheduled on Monday, and the outcome is, while the bones are fine (which is good I admit), the tendons of both my hips are not fine.
And this means, I'm supposed to stop training.

Now, this is not going to happen.
I'm getting married in 35 days and I'm supposed to fit into that fucking tight dress I bought.

The upside is they gave me different painkillers which are also supposed to smooth the problem, and those DO work, so finally I'm walking almost like a normal girl.
Also, I'm seeing a physiotherapist on weekends.

I did drop the 30 days shred at day 24 (many of the moves hurt too much), and I cannot run.
I have picked up the 6pack6weeks by Jillian Michaels, and I'll try to do the elliptical machine at the gym.
Honestly, this whole thing pisses me off so much I can't even tell you.

Stop training for one month means throwing away months of fatigue and sweat. I hate it! 

2 comments:

Peridot (G+P) said...

Omfg that SUCKS! *Tacklehugs*

Do the low-impact stuff. If you must keep training, put as LITTLE strain on the injured area as possible. You do NOT want to fuck yourself up even more. You could put yourself out of commission for EVER that way. Imagine being stuck with a walking frame at 30? NOT FUCKIGN FUN.

Look after yourself, love.

<3

warlocksmistress said...

The elliptical is pretty safe, even with a tendon injury, isn't it?
I'm not an expert, but shouldn't they also be advising you what you ARE able to do and not just what you CAN'T do anymore?

Health people - always so NEGATIVE. :(