05 August 2013

The doctor said..

I can train. At least, that's what he thinks. I'm allowed to do:
-10min on the elliptical, OR
-10min swimming (crawl or back)
AND
limited squats
AND unlimited pull ups (a if I could do unlimited pull uos...)
AND certain kind of abs crunches

facepalm

basically, this is NOTHING compared to my July training schedule.

ABSOLUTE BAN of: running, stairs, rowing machine, lounges and most of plank exercise.

I shit you not loveys.

In addition, I'm undergoing a therapy that is extremely painful and leaves blues all over my hips and legs - someone at the gym even asked me if I'd been in a car accident yesterday.
Anyway, I'll try to work on the arms and shoulders...sigh...

3 comments:

Aye Ell said...

I can't imagine how hard this is for you! I'm so obsessive about working out, it would drive me crazy if I wasn't able to. But do keep up with what you ARE able to do! Take the opportunity to get killer upper body strength. And do take the time you need to heal. It's all too common for acute problems to become chronic because we can't just slow down for a bit and let things heal.

Since I'm such a huge nerd, can I ask what specifically is your diagnosis? I understand it's health info so you don't have to tell me anything you don't want, but I am curious what you've got going on.

The Dancer said...

I'm sorry that your training is so limited!

But from someone who's had two knee surgeries, a ligament injury in my knee, a stress fracture, and ankle surgery (dancing is fun!), PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the time to recover.
I know it's frustrating as hell, but the PTs know what they're doing. The more you follow their instructions now, the sooner you'll be able to do more.
You'll get through this. <3

Peridot (G+P) said...

Fuuuuuuuck I've been there and it SUCKS.

Actually, I'm halfway back to where you are. Put back on the statoinary bike and banned from the elliptical. I could cry! I have massive bruises on my ass from the bike seat. I have NOTHING left to cushion the bottom of my pelvis but muscle, and that's not a good cushion. Fucking hell.

WOOT COME JOIN THE GIRL GUN CLUB! We have the right to have nice muscly arms :3

LOVE YOU!