28 September 2012

Oh Kathmandu

8 days until I leave for Kathmandu, and things just keep getting worse.

First last Sunday my friends were hit by this huge avalanche at Manaslu camp 3.
We were supposed to party together next Sunday in Kat, to celebrate their expedition, but now their client's dead and they're flying home after having saved their own asses by some miracle (one of them climber down from 7000 to 4000 meters in the middle of the night through a fucking monsoon storm BAREFOOT on ice, because his boots and equipment was lost in the avalanche).
It's really a miracle he is coming home WITH both his feet.

Then this morning the flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (the one I'll be taking on Oct. 8) hit an eagle and crashed, no survivors.
(it is not the first time this happens)

The only good news is, the monsoon is expected to finish around next wednesday/thursday.

I want to buy a new saree while in Kat.

Maybe like this one

http://pinterest.com/pin/186336503303045988/

for sure I want a pre-stitched on and I also want a petticoat and a blouse.


Kathmandu,
I'll soon be seeing you,
and your strange bewildering time
will hold me down


3 comments:

Sam said...

Safe travels!

Sam

Peridot (G+P) said...

Holy crap that sucks so much. No words to express the relief that he survived with all his extremities attached.

I hope you have a fun and safe trip and don't have to deal with any assholes in transit <3

Ana's Girl said...

I hope your trip is safe! It sounds rather terrifying with all the accidents of those you know happening all around you... Try to have some fun, ok?