10 September 2012

Goodbye my friend

Goodbye my friend.

You have been a good companion, for 9 years you have been always there for us.
You were always home whenever I cam home, waiting for me on the door mat into your small house.

You were always ready to cuddle into my lap, ronfing yourself to sleep, pawning softly my legs.

9 years ago, in early September you came along, 20 days old, meowing in desperation after being abandoned. It was a lovely sunny day, just like yesterday.

You were so shy, you rarely left the garden.

Why did you have to cross the road yesterday?

To whomever hit you with the car:
I know sometimes accidents happens. But you should have stopped to ring my bell. I would have taken you 2 minutes. Instead you just kept driving, leaving Salomé dying there on the concrete. I hope you get run over by a car and that nobody helps you. I hope you lay there suffering too.

I found her laying outside the gate, she tried to come home. I looked to heartbeat and breath, but she was gone already.
I was so annihilated when some people passing by stopped looking at me, crouched by her, I screamed at them.

You were my first and only cat, and I'll never forget you. I miss you so much already, it hurts so badly.


Rest in peace Salomé, my beautiful and loved friend.

2 comments:

Peridot (G+P) said...

Oh Lucy! *Wraps you in a massive hug*

Salome and Ink left this world in the same way, and I hope both the speeding bastards behind the wheels of those cars get horrible, painful diseases.

She will not be forgotten, she looks like she was a gorgeous kitty and you two sound like you made some amazing memories together. hold them in your heart, love.

Thinking of you. Love to you and yours <3

Sam said...

All my love in this difficult time. She looked beautiful and the world will be less bright.

Sam