04 October 2012

Thank-you silence

Tomorrow night I'll drive to the lake to see my parents and pack everything, and on Saturday evening I'll be on my flight to Doha (sigh) and then to Kathmandu (yesssss). This morning I trained for the last time, now it's two days of rest before we start hiking.

I can't even tell you how I can't wait!!

It's the third time I have the opportunity to trek in Nepal. Two years ago I was in Khumbu valley up to Everest Base camp, then last year I did the Annapurna trek.
This year it's Khumbu again, but passing through Gokyo instead of the traditional trek, then reaching Kala Pattar through Cho La (LA meas Pass).

The lake scenes of this trailer were filmed where I'll be trekking.

The silence of those places that can only be reached on foot is an experience that everybody coming from Western countries should try once in their lives.

Weightwise, I'm not doing very well; however, I built a lot of muscle and dropped as much fat. Everybody says it shows.

I'll be back on October 24, in the meanwhile, you lovely beings all take care of yourselves.

3 comments:

Ana's Girl said...

Hope you have a lovely time!

Peridot (G+P) said...

Er. Meh. Gherd.

So much envy going on right now! That place looks gorgeous!

One day when you have to travel less for work you'll be able to become a slave to a feline :p Be sure to find one who you get along with and I'd recommend a short-hair for your first kitty, longhairs need a bit of extra help with grooming at times and when they shed you notice it a LOT more!

I promise I'll look after myself while you're away. You have a great time, stay safe and get us lots of stories and photos ok?

Arohanui <3

Thana said...

Wow! Ma viaggi un sacco! *-* Beata te! ^-^