13 June 2011

Tell me how ugly I am, but that you'll always love me

Every year, for some reasons, I’m miserable for my birthday. It’s usually one of the worst weeks of the year.

Mostly, my family makes me miserable. They don’t mean to, yet they manage to make me cry every year. It’s true, I always say my bday isn’t a big deal to me, but hell, of course I’m lying. I do it because back in my teenage things used to go so wrong that deep down I’m still afraid of celebrations.

Steve will be away, since my birthday’s on Wednesday. That’s bad enough, but at least he’s flying in for the weekend. I asked him to take his Friday off, so we could spend a long weekend at my parents’ place by the lake, but when he bought the ticket he forgot, so our weekend will basically last one day and a half.

Bro promised long ago to arrange BBQ at his place on Saturday night with friends. When I called him on Saturday, to compliment him about his performance on a national regatta, I asked him about details. The answer? “Oh, I totally forgot. Sorry Sis, I’m working on Saturday, so that can’t be done”. I didn’t complain but it hurt like hell.

Finally, after planning the weekend with my parents, last night dad told me they’re leaving for a short trip on Wednesday and they probably won’t be home before Sunday night (we’re leaving on Sunday at noon, since Steve’s got his flight on Sunday afternoon).

Sorry if I’m childish, but I do feel neglected.

But the truth is, the worst thing is there’s only one thing that would really make me happy. The only gift I want is for Steve to ask me. And this is not going to happen.

Oh, also, Dad had something to tell me last night, after we went running 4 miles. He said I need to drop weight pronto. He said I look awful, that I’m at my worst ever and that I need to stop eating right now. And of course he’s right, but it kinda hurts when people you love feel that they need to say it, doesn’t it?

Maybe I shouldn't take love for granted. Maybe they just don't love me anymore because I'm ugly. And after all, I should have known it. Nobody loves failures.

2 comments:

Peridot (G+P) said...

WHAT in the HELL???

Ok, screw relying on the family to organize shit. Next year I DEMAND that you plan a day filled with EXACTLY what you (AND ONLY YOU) want to do. Tell people "THIS is happening. THIS time. THIS place." and go on your merry way to enjoy yourself and if they want to tag along, ok. (My best Bday was spending the WHOLE day watching movies I hired out. People turned up and left as they felt like it)

ALSO

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR DAD?? WHY IN HELL did he say that shit to you? WHAT AN ASSHOLE.

There are a whole bunch of people on your end who need a slapping. Fuck exams, I'm getting another job so I can fly over there and open my can of ass-kicking.

Love you, don't let them ruin your day for you <3

Thana said...

A me piaci così come sei, perché mi rendo conto che l'amore non si pesa sulla bilancia...*Un forte abbraccio*