21 March 2022

a conversation with the Panther

 The trip to Florida is in a week, and then in May I have a work event in Barcelona and my sister in law wedding.

I needed a dress that fit and the Panther (mom) needed a break from her daily shenanigans, so she came to Milan last Friday. We went to see an exhibition featuring Marc Chagall drawings, and then shopping. I had already in my mind to buy the same model as the dress below, in an acquamarine color (and in a different size).

"You are not going to wear that right?"

"uh yes, why?"

"your arms are too fat"

"Mom - this is a size 8 and I do not even have to pull by belly in to zip it - I don't think it's necessary to make dramas"

"I still don't think you should wear it - and it doesn't make sense to buy it, why don't you just wear the old one?"

"Because the old one (size 4) does not fit any longer - I would need to drop 15kg (33lbs). And Florida is next week and the wedding is on May 15"

"Well I think you can lose 15 kilos in two months"

"Mom are you kidding me? If I lost 15kg while working in 8 weeks, I would die or worse".


Below the original dress, worn at a wedding in Portugal in summer 2017


I cringe at the thought I felt fat. I was not skinny, but compared to now I was a fucking goddess.

3 comments:

Bathwater said...

Your mother is delusional. Wear the dress you want. You look good in the photo btw.

Lucy's Shadow said...

thanks Bath

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful successful woman with a loving husband. A few kgs doesn't change much. Panther's opinion is just an opinion. Wear what you want to. Crash dieting is just not something you can do right now.Xx shelby