07 March 2022

not a huge deal?

 Today is one of those day when I feel like hey, it' not a huge deal. Granted, I've let myself become overweight, but now I'm taking the matter into my hands and drop the weight. I've done it in the past and I will do it again. Hell, I've heard that even eminem got to 100kg at some point and then dropped the weight, and he's 10 years older than I am after all.


The problem in this is always that I tend to have this optimistic feelings only right after breakfast. The will may last for a few days, but to lose the weight I have gained it would take months.


and yet, sometimes I see a reflection in a mirror with the corner of my eye, and it still catches me by surprise to see I'm fat. 


in my dreams I'm always skinny, just like I used to be. I'm not always young, but I'm always skinny - I'll never get over this



All my life I've been waiting

for you to bring a fairytale my way

but living in a fantasy without meaning..

..it's not okay, I don't feel safe

(Anastacia)


3 comments:

Bathwater said...

I am always young in the mirror until I look closely at pictures. I lost twenty or more pounds from my highest point. It is easier to keep it off than take it off, but it can be done. I don't recommend the stress of a breakup to lose the last ten, though it worked for me.

My weight and the breakup at two things I still think about every day :(.

Anonymous said...

It's not a huge deal. I really had to stop my anorexic thinking. I have other important goals too. Sure, It would be nice to be 50kg again but 60kg is probably more reasonable. And i refuse to let it make me down or dominate my life. I do need to work out again though, because there is diabetes in my family. It's also a big relief these days I'm not COMPLETELY hysterical about it. Many times i got on scales and cried about being 55kg even though i literally starved all week. I drank all kinds of crazy teas and things. I also had to stay in bed a lot because i was weak with fatigue. Pretty sad really. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I meant to say, I'm more like 66kg these days. But being 55kg in the past was was like , a huge tragedy ���� pity i didn’t focus my energy on something else.