13 July 2020

Skinnier or sober? pieces of conversations

Pain is calling me
and it whispers to me softly "come and play"
I am falling
and IF I LET MYSELF FALL I'M THE ONLY ONE TO BLAME

I'm safe, up high, nothing can touch,
but why do I feel this party is over?

Coming down, coming down
Spinnin' round, spinnin' round
I'm looking for myself skinnier

When it's good then it's good it's so good 'till it goes bad
Till you try to find the you that you once had
I have heard myself cry never again
broken down in agony just trying to puke again.

(this is what I actually hear when I listen to Pink's Sober)

"You need to lose weight darling"
"I know mom, I do"
"Next time I'll cook the meat so it won't be tempting"
"Yes mom, let's do this".


"How much did you lose from last Saturday?"
"3kg" (that's 6.6lbs for you guys)
"It's too much! have you been fasting??"
"No dad. I have had lunch and dinner every day. I'm just stressed. And I probably gained 2kg back in the weekend"
"...."
"I know"

2 comments:

Bathwater said...

Lucy, I am concerned for you. I hope you are talking about this with someone. All this stress is not good for you but it is natural to be more stressed right now with what is going on in the world. You are not alone.

Anonymous said...

i find it very interesting your parents are so invested in your weight. it's obvious you guys are a close family, which is so lovely.
i doubt mine could care less, even though i have been quite high and quite low. but i shouldn't be surprised. they aren't that interested in those things, or a lot of things really. you sound like you need a holiday. xoxox