19 May 2011

Classic beauties? meh


I have nothing left to say.
Each day I stuff my face with food and I don't dare purging... Mainly because all of my colleagues would be aware of it: I HATE WORKING AWAY FROM THE OFFICE. We left 5 weeks ago.

I'm leaving for vacation in 10 days. How the hell am I going to wear a bikini unless I lose at least 8kg (c. 16 lbs) is a total mystery.

Also, on Monday the top management will decide on promotions. If I'm not promoted to Manager, I may as well stop working and dedicate myself full time to job-hunting.

Okay, enough about me. In Italy, somebody posted an article babbling about how classic beauties are not skinny, and making them skinny on photoshop just to show how skinny women are not attractive and this kind of bullshit. Now, honestly? I'm posting the most famous pics, I think they're way sexier than the originals, but still a bit too chubby.



The original Gioconda
The skinny Gioconda





















Botticelli's Venus
Skinny Venus





3 comments:

Ana's Girl said...

You're way too right about those famous paintings. The person who wrote that article proved himself wrong with those photo shopped versions. In fact, i've always thought the famous beauties in old artwork were a bit chubby.

Peridot (G+P) said...

Ugh, baaaaaaaaad photoshopping D:

I've never thought the Mona Lisa was pretty, but I have to say the redone Venus has a much nicer face. The guy who retouched them has little/no anatomy knowledge!!

Meh, beauty standards change. The guy is obviously a few centuries behind the times. . .

Thank you so much for the comments. They mean a lot. I'm cheering myself up with op-shopping for yarn and wasting time on YouTube. Gonna wait a bit before I go bead shopping, though.

Sending you love and crossing my fingers for the promotion! <3

americaneaglelove said...

Good luck on the promotion, I'm positive that your dedication and hard work will make you the top consideration! This post was really interesting, I agree that the photoshopped ones are much more beautiful than the originals. I hope you have a lovely day!