07 February 2011

Soon I'll stand up again

I was doing good, and then I messed up again, and I’m, once more, ashamed to confess my scale this morning screamed 131.6lbs back at me (59.7kg).

In addition, On Friday I’m flying to London and I’ll carry a tons of foods to celebrate St. Valentine with my love. I’m talking pure carbs: I’ve got polenta, porcini mushrooms, 2 different kinds of cheese, heart shaped cookies, plus (just for him) salami and chocolate (I bought plenty of cheese and chocolate in Switzerland over the weekend).

I’m hitting the gym 4 times a week (plus I’ve been freeriding yesterday), but I know it’s not enough.

I know it’s no excuse, but work is so hard, I can’t seem to fast like I used to. I’m hoping to do it next week, maybe with Marcus (buddy, please tell me you’re in: together, we can do it!)

I’m sorry I’m not posting as often as I used to: I can’t seem to give my life that spark I had last spring/summer. Most likely, it’s the same spark that helped me losing weight at the time.

But I DO know I have to get skinny soon: the mountaineering ski season is starting in a month (and I’m too heavy to carry myself up to the top of the Alps highest peaks), swimming suit season will start in May, and I seriously need a skinnier body for that.

Then, I’ll hang out at the lake, ride my Vespa, swim and sale, and my life will once again shine.

Or maybe, with Steve so far away, the shining is gone, but I’ll be strong and stand up for my mind’s sake.


4 comments:

CalCoco said...

I know it can be hard, but you just have to think positive! Sure, you gained the weight back, but if you just keep at it the weight will go down! :)

I'm rooting for you! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Lucy! I'm definitly in for the fast! Starting monday?
I know its difficult to fast when youve got plenty of stuff to do. I tried to fast during exam weeks- no success...
I hope you'll find that spark again, and as you said: together we can do this!
I'm so happy were fasting together again!
love xoxox

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it, I'm bingeing like a whore the last two weeks, I even bought NUTELLA... I'm a bad person.
But yeah, I'm also excited! Monday it is!
xoxo

Peridot (G+P) said...

Damn I wish I was back in the 130s! I'm too scared to enter my current kilohefts into a converter, or flick that little switch on my scale. Maybe in another 2kg?

*Rofls* What a conveniently placed waterfall! I'd find the guy who built your place and give him a high-five XD

xoxoxoxo