25 February 2018

ouch

and of course, eventually I got sick.
Usually I overwork, I get a temperature somewhere above 39° (102F), sleep (and sometimes puke) over 36 hours and get back to life.
I came home on Thursday from a long day in the west, knowing I was not okay. Luckily, when I tesed my temperature, I had muted the call I was on with my lovely American clients, because when I read 39.9° (almost 104F), a lot of swearing went on. Realizing that it was 9PM,I had left home at 7AM and I was still in a fucking conf call did not help.

The real issue is, despite aspirin, paracetamol, ibuprofen and antibiotics... things are not really improving. I spent two nights with 39.9 degrees (bad), and last night was better but the temperature is rising again.

The problem is not about calling in sick. The problem is: who the hell will deliver my 5 projects if I don't? my team? errrrr.... no. Let's face it, they're good guys but on two projects they are not even involved.
Tomorrow it's Monday and I'll be working from home, but to be honest I realize that unless I get better, I can barely function at 50% of my normal capacity (and I'm probably optimistic).
shit shit shit

No comments: