18 May 2016

Devious thoughts

I fell because I'm an idiot.
Or, more likely, I fell because my ass is too heavy and fat and big.

Rewind
Last Saturday I went to see a doctor in the morning, because lately my back has been bothering me. The doc said my right leg is longer than my left one (which I knew, I smashed my right tibia when I was a kid), and both my hips and shoulders are unbalanced. In addition, I am super tense in the higher part of back and in the neck and when he asked me if I can touch my toes while keeping my legs straight I almost laughed into his face.
So he ordered 1 sessions of physio + tecar therapy and 10 sessions of specific back exercises. Luckily  my insurance will pay for all of this. He said I can keep running, but advised against distances over half marathons.

So, after a long walk on Saturday afternoon with the Panther (my mom), when dad proposed to go for a short uphill run I enthusiastically joined. It was fun and fine.
Then on Sunday we went for a (previously planned) long run - Dad, Hubby and I. After about 2 minutes, we passed some acacia trees in full bloom and I focused on the flowers, thinking "I could fetch some of those on the way back", because where I live we sometimes eat acacia flower fritters (the essence of sweet + fat). Karma is a bitch. I should not think these kind of thoughts.
So, while distracted, I didn't spot a whole in the road and fell.
No serious damage taken. I got up after a couple minutes and we eventually went for a not-so-long (10km) slow run, but afterwards my right knee got very swollen (and my left hip is badly bruised).
Result: no running and lots of ice on my knee this week.

Do not misunderstand me: this is no bad luck or whatever. This is me being overweight and thinking sinful thoughts, thus heavily landing on my poor knee.

1 comment:

Aye Ell said...

Injuries are the worst, especially for those of us who tend to use exercise the most for shedding pounds. I hope you feel better soon!