22 November 2011

Drugs

In first place, I would ask you not to judge.

In second place, please skip this post entirely if you feel that you can’t stand talking about drugs, if you hate drugs, and even more if you’re insanely attracted to drugs.

I mean it, okay?

When I was 18, for almost one year I did a lot of drugs.

Even though I have no regrets, when I say a lot, I mean, well, a lot. Like, over 3 grams of coke every week, plus lots of weed and occasional other recreational things (like, twice a month something else on top).

After 9 months or so, I realized that the boy I was dating and I were on different paces: recreational for me, addiction for him. Eventually, after cutting drugs off my life, I cut him off as well, because we made different choices.

Nowadays I’m basically clean, by which I mean that I may smoke (very little) weed a couple times a year, and same thing for the white stuff (of course not at the same times). Considering I don’t smoke cigarettes at all, I’m fine with this lifestyle, and please, I don’t need judgments.

However, let’s face the truth: cocaine makes things damn easy. Not only I feel no urge to eat, on the last two times I did it, on the next day I went running and girls, it was AMAZING. It makes me feel like I could run forever, and I manage to keep a faster pace than usual (two months ago I managed to keep a 11.5km per hour pace for 6.5km, which is a little over 4 miles I think).

Two people in my family are cardiologists, so yes, I know everything about the side effects. I repeat, I’m not a regular. I will never be. I have no urge towards drugs.

But girls, I could almost entirely stop eating through it.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I would say I don't 'agree' with drugs, but really when I smoke 15 cigarettes a day and drink (occasionally now lol)I would be a MASSIVE hypocrite to judge.

Really I am doing much, much, much more damage to myself smoking than you are doing with using drugs a couple of times a year.

I would never use drugs, not because I think they are stupid or anything like that, but because I would end up being the one that was allergic to them or something lol.

I would never tell anyone not to use drugs unless I felt that it was becoming more than, 'just a bit of fun'.

I am not here to judge at all, I use cigarettes to suppress my appetite, although it doesn't sound as successful as coke lol.

All I would say is be careful, because you hear horror stories about bad drugs and things, but your a clever girl so I know you'll be safe.

Oh sorry didn't realise this was so long.
xo

Peridot (G+P) said...

I have no right to judge others on what they may or may not do in relation to drugs. Why the hell would I judge you?

Love you <3

noura. said...

drugs ARE kind of fantastic. i love the way coke and mdma and even adderall just kill my appetite. but i try not to use them too much. except maybe adderall.

Miss Burton said...

Well ... I think it's nice to hear that someone is "okay" with drugs but doesn't need them and doesn't judge. I like that.

Personally I've never done cocaine and I guess I'll be way to chicken to ever give it a go but for example grass, i've done that.

From time to time and I would never judge anyone - as long as they don't have to do it 24/7.

And as long as you wouldn't ever look at them and guess that he's a smoker. I hate it when you look at someone and know what they're doing because that's when they've lost control.