10 September 2011

In my secret life

Although I had at least 200kcals of French fries last night (due to celebrations with an old friend), I am still losing, and I woke up this morning at 134lbs (60.8). I’m dropping 250gr on average on good days (c.0.6lbs).

Depending on my mood, it feels somewhere between barely okay and definitely not enough.

But could I possibly drop faster? Considering I’m working every day well over 12 hours, up to 15? I mean, I even went to the gym 4 times so far this week.

Every time I step in front of a mirror, I expect to see the skinny girl I used to be. Instead I get a blobby mess staring back at me. I proved to be capable to go down to 118lbs (54kg) last year, but that’s still 18.9BMI. Still blobby.

What I want is what I used to be as a teenager: 104lbs. 47kg. 16.5 BMI.

The only time in my adult life I got back to that weight, I screwed up work, and that I can’t do. Because even if no money is no food, I need a place to live, I need to pay the gym fee, I need nourishment for my soul.

Somehow, after all this time, I’m still waiting for a miracle to come.

9 comments:

Thana said...

Grazie grazie grazie, mi sei stata utilissima! ^-^
*Ti abbraccio forte forte*

Thana said...

Sono felice per i tuoi progressi di peso, gli sbalzi di umore purtroppo sono una conseguenza della perdita...Il tuo miracolo devi essere tu...nessuno sa come provvedere realmente per te...*Ti sono vicina*

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Losing that much weight in a day is fantastic, but it always feels as if it takes ages and ages. Maybe let yourself sit on plateaus when you reach them? Just so your metabolism has time to catch up? And if you do gain back what you lose, it'll only be to the last plateau?

Sorry if that didn't make sense, caffeine hasn't hit yet ;)

Good luck!

Peridot (G+P) said...

That weight you're losing?

Yeah I found it, lol.

A HOME AND SOUL FOOD ARE IMPORTANT! Very, very important.

<3

Anonymous said...

Lucy :) Even if the progress comes in little pieces, and even if it seems slow, it still is progress! Keep that in mind. Rome wasn't built in a day. Sounds stupid, but it's true! I really admire your strength, I wish I could say that I'm losing...

I'm sending you encouraging thoughts from Germany! xxx

William said...

Thank you Lucy! I'm trying to figure this website out completely but I think I'm getting the hang of it. :) I really am enjoying it so far!

Thana said...

Ti aspetterò Lucy e ombra di Lucy, ti stringo forte <3

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am still around... I'm more of a silent reader lately.
Uni is... ok. The new year started yesterday, will be a whole lot more stress, but also much more exciting because now we'll start to work together with real companies and problems.. so, yay!
My weight is more than catastrophic... but I'm trying to live vegan now. It might be worth a try. I'll see...
So how's life treating you?
love
Marcus

Anonymous said...

Lucy, come stai? Chi non muore si rivede. Spero che stai bene.
Sorry, I don't speet Italian haha. Hope everything is okay? <3