The Horrors is how I've come to define the 2021-2025 period, when I was always feeling unwell and all doctors told me I just had to lose weight and be less stressed (and then it turned out I have a womb tumor that was affecting all my body). If I have to recap 2026 so far, I got diagnosed, started treating the issue, starting feeling like a champ (ok like before 2020) and got in the best shape of my life. I also lost 22kg or 48lbs since my highest weight.
The reason I'm writing this is that a difficult part of the process was getting over the fact that I feel I wasted 4 years of my life and that it could have been avoided with just a simple, harmless scan had any gynecologist actually listened to me.
I do not intend to dwell any further on this, my goal is to enjoy my life as much as I can, but today I'm sick (I have a step throat) and here's the thing: except for the throat ache, today I feel exactly how I felt almost daily over those 4 years:
- back pain
- hurting knee
- every step feels miserable on my joints
- standing up from a chair feels taxing
- overall miserable and prone to tears
(at least I'm not bleeding by hey). The main difference is I know by tomorrow I'll feel better and by the end of this week I'll be back in my champion shape.
And guys I can positively tell you I am amazed at how I still got my shit together over those long painful years. I now forgive myself for the weight gain and for everything. Actually, I deserve a treat for how good I was (ok it will be a black decaf but still :-) )
Sometimes self forgiveness is also important.
Song for this post: "F**kin' Perfect" by P!nk
2 comments:
I always say you know your body better than a doctor. Being a doctor is just like any other profession. Some are good at it, and some are bad at it.
That’s awful. I’m sorry they didn’t actually listen to you.
Agreed on self-forgiveness. Beating ourselves up over the past simply doesn’t help.
I hope you’re feeling a bit better!
Post a Comment