24 April 2023

Quick update

 All is well, except for the lack of progress weight-wise.

Work is busy as usual, Loki is always the best cat in the world. He is now 10 months old and he's super cute and adorable. At least a couple times a week we take him out for walks, although he usually prefers to sit on our shoulders/on top of a backpack for extra support, rather than walking outside. If we stop at a meadow or somewhere quiet he'll happily explore around, but generally speaking he feels safer on my or my husband's shoulders.

We have not neutered him so far; the vet told us that, living without other cats near, he may not start peeing around to mark territory, and so far we've had zero accidents so for the time being, he gets to keep his balls ahahahah. He's a cheerful cat, very cuddly and loves playing. While I would not go as far as saying he loves travelling, he puts up with our weekend trips without any problem.

Not much else going on, except that I keep postponing buying a dress for my friend's wedding (I'll be bridesmaid) hoping I'll manage to drop some weight... at some point I'll have to make up my mind and buy the thing!



5 comments:

Bathwater said...

It is my experience male cats tend to get fat once they are neutered. If he is not peeing, I'd say leave him as is. :)

Anonymous said...

It's better to not neuter if possible. He will change personality. People say that is a myth but I think it does.

I'm very interested in the dresses. I'm glad you aren't stressing the weight. I'm throwing out my scales and trying to focus on my mental wellbeing. I can't help but think, if I had spent all the time dieting an exercising on something better, my life would probably be 180° better than it currently is


Love, Shelby

Lucy's Shadow said...

We are planning on not neutering Loki unless absolutely necessary - for the time being, it's fine. I'd rather not put him through this unless necessary.

I'm afraid I am stressing over weight, but there's other things going on that I don't really know how to explain. OVerall however things are good.

Bella said...

I love it when cats get taken out for walks. Misty loves her outside time, but Sephi hates it (I think it’s too loud for her). There’s a few people in my new neighborhood who have little strollers for their cats, it’s super cute. Neutering can be a complex issue, but as long as your vet supports the decision, that’s all that matters at the end of the day.

Keep in mind that dresses can always be altered (and a lot of formal dresses usually do better to be slightly altered to the perfect fit anyway). If it was me, I’d rather get the dress earlier and just get it altered as needed when the day gets closer.

xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you are good. Saw some articles about Aussies living in Italy in small, rundown villages. Apparently the government offers crazy good incentives if you renovate and live there. Sometimes I think about doing these things.

Shelby