13 June 2022

Surprise!

 Last Thursday evening, there was the leaving party of one of my work lieutenants, and as you can imagine I drank a bit too much - not awfully so, but wine was not top quality and thanks to my allergies I woke up in the morning to find some bumps on my face (that luckily disappeared well before noon).

On Friday evening, there was Husband's work summer party. I almost bailed, as I was really tired, but then, it was really close to my office so at 7h30PM I signed off and decided to stop by to say hi to a few friends. And luckily I did...

... because it was actually a surprise birthday party for me!

(yes, truly yours is turning 40 this week)


I always wanted a surprise birthday party.. and never had one before! Husband pulled together a surprising number of people (supported by Matt, my work best friend) and I was truly moved by the fact that some actually drove from far to attend, especially on a very warm Friday night.

In short.. it was awesome, and I really felt loved!


Coming soon on "Waiting for the Miracle": my 16yo nephew temporarily moved in with us as today he's starting his summer internship!

3 comments:

Bathwater said...

Happy birthday! Good thing you didn't bail on your own party!

Lucy's Shadow said...

Thank you!
Indeed, that would have been an epic fail!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I would feel loved too. I had a surprise birthday once!! It made me very happy. 😃

Happy Birthday! 40th! Life begins at 40 so they say. My irl friend with the vices has his birthday 13th June . I wouldnt change him though. You can't beat a Gemini for good conversation & fun times x

So what did your husband buy you for your birthday??

Last birthday I think we just went out for my birthday as a present to a good restaurant. If someone asked me, I'd ask for a small terrace water feature.
Shelby XOXO