06 December 2021

a selfish post

 While pretty much everyone's on vacation, I decided to stay in the city and catch up with a couple of projects where the managers are home sick with Covid. I'm down of three resources in my team due to Covid - and each of them had been vaccinated with two shots in summer.

Fuck.

I'm getting my third dose next Sunday, and I've been careful and managed to avoid covid sofar. But I'm overwhelmed with work, having to step in for those colleagues. In addition, other assholes are seriously underperforming, which results in more and more time to review.


I've tried to increase my training, and while I do see a difference (meaning that I manage to increase my time and resistance on the elliptical machine), yesterday I managed to walk around with a too dried-skin on my feet that resulted in a long cut that now hurts. Shit.


I really hope we're not going into another lock-down - trip to Maldives is lined up for January 6, and both Husband and I are really looking forward to it. Fingers crossed.


2 comments:

Bathwater said...

It sounds like you are under a lot of stress. I hope you get your vacation.

Bathwater said...

Merry Christmas Dear!