06 October 2020

what next?

 Dear American friends,

let me remember how I love your country, your amber waves of grain as well as your purple mountain majesties, ad let's not forget your fruited plain of course.

And the truth is, when you voted Mr Trump as your PResident, everyone down here was happy: finally, jokes are no longer about Italy and Berlusconi, because let's face it, you made fun of us for ages, but wh's making fun of who now? huh?

..and yet, dear friends...

..when your President who is  Covid19 positive feels it's okay to take off his mask in public, I really must ask:

will you have him spit on your face as well?


Just to be clear, I cannot say I don't care. Because while Berluscono in the end is mostly our problem, Trump's influence is a tiny bit larger...

2 comments:

Bathwater said...

Yes I never imagined he would be such a disappointment. The disappointments never end.

Lucy's Shadow said...

a big disappointment, and a bit of a global issue. well I guess we'll see if next one is any better..