01 February 2013

Not good enough

Went trying wedding gown again this morning (work is FINALLY slow, hallelujah!)

Now, don't hate me for speaking the truth.

Trying wedding gowns can be, for people like us, a very taxing experience. Most of the gowns wouldn't fit, the seller couldn't even pull up the zipper, not even with me blowing out all the air in my chest.
Of course the seller is a nice woman, who'll lie straight to your face, telling you that you're beautiful, and she'll pin extra-tissue everywhere, and try to make you feel beautiful.

The fact that I had to pee badly probably didn't help. Nor the fact that my friend who came along (we're getting married the same week, so we go to try gowns together) is far skinnier than I'll ever be. Well, at least we try very different models.

Finally, how can I possibly spare 3000 Euros on a gown I'll wear once in my life? I can't claim I'm poor, I do  have that kind of money after all these years of work, I do have savings. But let's face the truth, I could feed, dress and send to school 20 kids in Nepal for one year with that kind of money. I can't spend it on a wedding gown.

(but I want it badly.
shut up you stupid asshole.
but I really love it.
yeah and you look like a giant pink and white marshmallow with it. If you were skinny, maybe you could splurge on it, but face it, you look like a fucking whale, so forget about it. Buy a premade dress for 100 USD on the net and shut the fuck up)

I must confess I'm not training enough. I keep having a slight temperature that won't go away, and that makes running very difficult.

5 comments:

The Dancer said...

First: congrats on the engagement!

About the dress: The fact that you were filled with pee TOTALLY changes the fit. Don't be too hard on yourself about that.
And I'm sure you look absolutely lovely. Your wedding is your day, and if you love the dress (and are comfortable in it!), I say buy it since you can afford it.
The problem with us is that we think we look like shite in anything. Buy the dress that you love and let everyone convince you that you look fabulous, as you probably do but can't see.

Unknown said...

True that is a lot of money but someone is going to buy that dress so why not let it be you; after all you're helping out you are putting money into you economy! ;)

Emily

P.S. I watch Say Yes to the Dress (an american show) and the majority of women don't fit into the sample size

Peridot (G+P) said...

Needing to pee deffo wouldn't have helped. I always stick my belly out to take pressure off ^.^;

You can definitely wear it more than once, you just have to find occasions to do so. If you really feel guilty about it, you could find a similar style cheaper online and get it tailored to fit you perfectly?

Omg I want to dress you in Harajuku Lolita cosplay now!

If you have a fever it's best to ease off the training until you're better. Calisthenics and yoga at home?

Lol you're such a meanie :p I'm plodding on. Not willingly but I'm distracting like a champ.

*Hugs you tightly* Sending you heaps of love and e-hugs <3

Thana said...

Non ho alcun dubbio che sarai bellissima, una bellissima sposa di cui il tuo bel maritino si innamorerĂ  ancora e ancora tutte le volte che ti vedrĂ  e dentro ad un qualunque abito sarai stupenda e raggiante! *-*

Miss Burton said...

shhhoooooot ...
du heiratest??

oh wow. gratuliere!!
OK ich les mir jetzt durch, wie es dazu kommen konnte.

ah klasse :)