17 December 2010

Trying hard, failing hard

I am trying to hold it together by I’m losing it.

I spent the last three weeks working in a room that has no windows. Fuck, the lack of daylight is a well known cause of depression, yeah? I’m not at my office, I’m working in another city at the headquarters of the target of an acquisition. We have no internet access, no coffee machine, hell, we had to beg in order to have some water.

When I get out of this damned room, it’s night. I still have work to do, so I go to my room at the hotel (which is in the same building as the dataroom I’m working in), open my laptop, and get back to work until I move to my bed, read a bit, and fall asleep.

It was fine on the first week, now after three weeks I can’t stand it a

nymore. I need to see outside, whether it’s sunny, cloudy or snowing I don’t care, I just need a damned window. Better, I need to get out.

And let’s not even mention food.

I’ve been systematically stuffing my face with food systematically over the last three weeks. Being at the hotel I can’t weight, but I must be way over 59kg (130lbs). I am disgusted with myself.

This morning I finally managed to hit the gym and stick to plain bread and fruits for breakfast.

On Saturday dad and I are attending a party in the mountains, which mean we’ll have to walk/ski (depending on the snow) uphill for one hour to get there. Finally, I’ll get some fresh air.


Xmas thinspo for you, lovelies...


3 comments:

Thana said...

Rilassati alla festa in montagna e pesati, così forse sarai più tranquilla...ma come mai stai facendo questo lavoro ''carcerario''?? Cosa mi sono persa?! O_o
*Hug u*

Matilda Bonnet said...

Lucy, honey. How are you? I've had less and less time to read blogs, i am so sorry!

Sucks about your job. Don't you have a coffee brake? Go outside, let the sun shine down on you.

xoxo

ancora said...

Ahh lovely I'm still here and alive.
Sorrrryy for my absences and lack of keeping up with blogger:(

Your job sounds a bit shit, maybe more than a bit.
Though Steve sounds soooo very great oh my gosh getting married!!!!!!

Make me a brides maid? <3
in spirit at least.

hope the work situation improves and i let's just not talk about food.