14 December 2023

Year end

 Almost year end, and while I do not update often, I am reasonably content.

Still fat, super tired (this is one of the seasonal peaks in my job), but overall happy. As time goes by, I keep thinking I'd ideally like to work for 9 or 10 more years and then retire - hopefully live by the seaside in a quiet place. I am not sure husband has the same plans, but recently we had 4 days of bank holiday that we spent home by ourselves and he was commenting on how he had a great time and I said "one day this could be our life - would that be so terrible?".

Don't get me wrong - I'd be happy to retire even now but one must be realistic. I must match my financial needs, my life expectation and my savings. So I think 9 or 10 more years - and still, stopping work at 50 would be quite a luxury!


On a side note, we've booked a vacation in Maldives again in the first week of January - I know we keep going there but hey, this time of the year it's so good and regenerating! We did consider Carribean Islands as well, but the trouble is we still have to attend some videocalls, and anywhere with more than 4 hours difference gets difficult to manage. And Maldives are soooo relaxing!


Lastly, my beloved cat is the spoiled brat of the household - actually he behaves decently and is super affectionate.


Wish you all the best for this year end, dear readers

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great goal to have!!! Truly you are very blessed in this life. Love, Shelby.

Anonymous said...

PS i am very interested in visiting the carribean myself. When i was a child i went to Nicaragua. Xx

Bella said...

I’m glad to hear you’re doing well! I hope you’re having a fab time in the Maldives. All the best for 2024

xx

Shelby said...

Hi lucy!! Would love to hear from you x

Stelario said...

Thank you for consistently delivering content that stimulates thought and introspection.