21 February 2022

Random thoughts

 The level of pollution is so high that I'll have to manually clean the leaves of the evergreen trees/plants I have on my terraces over next weekend. I assumed there was something wrong because they were all so spotted with dark freckles, but I thought it was a fungus or some mistake from me (over/underwatering). Instead, it's simply smog.

Disgusting, but not unexpected in the end: it has barely rained from the beginning of the year, and pollution is always very high in this region during winter.


On a different note, I have started studying modern Greek a while ago, but I never expected it would be this difficult. I ended buying a notebook like the ones used by kids to teach them writing, as my writing of the Greek alphabet is so bad that I have trouble myself distinguishing the letters I have written. And the trouble is that for me, looking at a written word, works best in remembering the sound and the meaning. This is strange and weird because the same was true when I moved to France and learnt French: I need to see the written word to really learn it, and still I have a hard time writing. Even today, reading or speaking Italian or French is the same for me, but I can only type in French with a software that corrects me (like Word). With pen and paper, the result is a disaster - go figure...



3 comments:

Bathwater said...

My windows are covered in dirt from construction dust. Not as bad as smog, but annoying still.

Anonymous said...

you are very talented. we don't have a lot of pollution here at all really. But its a low population. on the other hand, the great barrier reef is suffering because of political decisions & money basically. oil tankers going from gladstone....recipe for disaster. national embarresment.

Anonymous said...

sorry that was from shelby ^^