15 September 2020

Heir of nothing in particular

I'm the son and the heir

of nothing in particular.

You shut your mouth, how can you say

I go about things the wrong way! (...)

When you say it's gonna happen now, when exactly do you mean?

See, I've already waited too long, and all my hope is.. gone!

("How soon is now?" The smiths)


Whenever I speak to my boss, this pops into my mind.

Whenever they say " this year surely we'll make you equity partner"

Fuck off.

Meanwhile, my customers explicitly tell me to please not bring any "real" partner in meetings as they are useless, and they introduce me as the partner in the meeting.

Whenever I gently correct them, they say they don't care and that I am the partner in their mind and books and that's it.

If they knew what obstacles I face daily in order to have the best form them, they would probably be aghast.


Speaking of which, for today meeting I even blow dried my hair - judging from the dust on the hairdrier, last time I had done this was in February, before the lockdown. How girly of me...


1 comment:

Bathwater said...

Good song choice. I am wondering if you could go to a new company and get the position you deserve?