03 February 2020

Something unexpected

I did something that may or may not be unexpected for you, but that was unexpected for me and for my family.
I went to the doctor and had my Nexplanon (ie birth control implant ) removed last Friday.

Only my husband (of course, he was involved in the decision) and my mom know this. I'm 37 and I'm not at all sure I will get pregnant, but we figured we'll give it a try.

It is scary, and in addition, I haven't had periods for 8 years and I'm not looking forward to that part, but hey. It's now or never.
If it happens, good. If it doesn't, we'll be okay.

Now, I need to lose weight. It will take a few weeks before anything can happen, and I shall take advantage now. So, diet, vitamins, etc etc.

I'm scared as fuck.


(and in the darkened underpass, I thought oh God, my chance has come at last,
but then a strage fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask)
I was listening to The Smiths a few weeks ago and I realized I couldn't just let this fear stop me

There is a light and it never goes out, there is a light and it never goes out

2 comments:

Bella said...

This is great! I really hope things go well and you’ll have a little family of your own soon. I totally get dreading the return of periods. I’ve been on Implanon for nearly 11 years, blissfully period-free, and I can’t imagine what it’d be like to go through getting a ‘first period’ again. I think I’d be just as clueless and daunted as I was when I first got them!

All the best <3

xx

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. I really hoped you would do this! You and hubby will have the world's cutest babies xoxoxo