23 May 2019

Cold as stone

You can sleep forever, still, you will be tired
You can stay as cold as stone, still, you won't find peace.

I feel I'm just spending (wasting time)
Only with mellow are you thin enough to slide through
Don't let nothin' ride you
If the sun or the moon would give way to doubt, they would immediately go out
Only one swallow doesn't make a summer - but you gotta start somewhere
I've been waiting, I'm still waiting, I've been waiting, I've been waiting, I've been waiting, I'm still waiting
I'm with you - with you IT'S ALWAYS ONE STEP TOO FAR
One step too far


Last night
"Are you driving home tonight?"
"Yes Mom, as promised. I'll chack on Granny as soon as I'm there"
"Good. I did not leave any food at home. You'll be better fasting anyways"
"Ok Mom"
(And what about Husband?)
Ended feeding eggs, salad and anchovies with cheese to Husband, and a small portion for me.

Today
Woke up extra early, Husband drove back to the city and I went running by the lake. It was awesome.
I'm no longer use to being alone. That's what years of marriage do to you I suppose.
Does Granny feel this way? She's 97. It's Thursday and she is not used to Mom being away. Called already twice this morning saying why did I not show up, it's Saturday and we planned to shower. 
Poor Granny. I'll go later today of course. 

1 comment:

Aye Ell said...

Hey lady! I hope you were able to hit your bikini goals for your trip. It dawned on my literally last night that I also have to wear a bikini on a trip I am taking in TWO WEEKS! Yikes. Is it possible to lose a hundred lbs in two weeks? Ha. If only. Or at least 12. I feel huge. And there is no one to lament this with around here because by American standards I'm still "slim" (and therefore not allowed to want to lose weight) but I'll be in Europe again and American slim is European Fat.

I ended up turning down the job I interviewed for. The schedule sucked and it only paid 3/4 of what they said it was going to initially, so I don't think it's the right move. Maybe again in the future. Fortunately they said that they would like my to apply again in the future so I'm hoping that's the case.